For the First Responder Personnel and family, the NCWC Foundation Chaplain offers:
Routine encouragement through regular station visits with all personnel
- Remaining open and available for any private questions or conversations initiated by the staff members
- If requested by agency personnel, offer spiritual encouragement or assistance
- Engaging in and observing as many department events as possible, becoming a regular part of the “agency life”
- Education and continued training so as to better serve the department
- Be available for any personal events a staff member may request the Chaplain to assist with.
These range from weddings to funerals of the immediate department personnel
to their extended family and everything in between
- Visit any member of the agency or their family members if hospitalized
- Be available to offer strength and or encouragement without hesitation to any member
of the agency when called upon to do so
- Be available to the staff on a 24/7 basis as much as is possible
- Be pro-active in following up with the personnel directly involved with the incident,
through and after the debriefing process to help assure or facilitate emotional/mental stability and processing.
If you are a spouse or loved one of a First Responder and you would like to talk with a Chaplain you also have access to a Chaplain”, please contact us here on the website.